Thursday, March 29, 2012

Central Casting Part 2

Hooray!~ This time, everything went fine.

I went on down again to Central Casting this afternoon, found the line for people with appointments (which I hadn't known about before), found a couple of people to chat with, and after about forty minutes they started checking people in (ten minutes after the appointment time). The room only held about a hundred people or so, and I know there were way more than that in line, so yay for appointments! (or getting there early. really really really early, especially as now they're not doing the appointments anymore)

After everyone was seated, one of the workers spent about an hour going over the paperwork (W-4, I-9, confidentially, special skills, etc) which I had already filled out. I did have to make a couple of minor corrections :D. Then, almost another hour was spent talking about how to get jobs - they've got a phone-in system - and a bit of 'about central casting'. I discovered just after that a major perk to having an appointment - I sat in the first row, and thus was one of the first to get photographed. Headshot completed, I was finally done.

I'm not sure how long it'll take for me to get into their system, but I'm assuming it'll be safe to start calling in tomorrow evening. With spring break next week (EEEEE!!!!!) I'll finally have that lull in my schedule that'll allow for extras work (or background work. It's called 'background' now instead of 'extra' as it used to be so everyone would feel more important. Really. Go on and check it out if you don't believe me).

There's 'acting trials' part... whatever :). And it's a success story!

No comments:

Post a Comment