Monday, March 26, 2012

On Time!

I'm tired, but managed to remember. This is, again, another 'day in the life of an aspiring actress' (not a bad title, but too long, really).

So - Monday. Business class, in which we turned in a list of people in the industry we'd like to know (or more specifically, we'd like them to know us), and then she brought in a second acting friend of hers. This woman mostly does stage work, which, while crazy fun, doesn't pay much. Like, between $200 and about $800. And that's being part of Actor's Equity. But the pay does go through the entire rehearsal and for every week of performance, and performances are about 8 a week.

Later on, Diego (a friend of mine who's an aspiring director) took pictures of me for some of his photographic homework. (Whee!) It was pretty fun, and I think he could actually be a pretty good director.

I've also picked up a regional accent CD, specifically Midwest. It's meant to sound 'farmy' and 'cowboy (or girl) -ly" without sounding Southern. Thus far, it seems like a softened version of the Southern accent but with some nasally tones in there. Those'll be hard for me - I still haven't caught on to doing that in my voice class, and apparently it really doesn't help that I'm dealing with allergies, even if it's only on a very minor scale.

I intend to put that (and as many other accents I can learn) on my resume, along with my recent addition of familiarity with guns. I have used them before, though never to shoot anything (there's a threat of rattlesnakes (and other vermin) where I live), so I got a refresher. I'll be putting on revolver (semiautomatic and double-action), rifle (20-20, semiautomatic), and shotgun (410, single shot). My resume looks rather farm girly, so this'll be a nice addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment