Sunday, March 18, 2012

Catch-up and News Ahead

I had my first photo shoot today!!

I know that probably doesn't make much sense, but I'll explain in a minute. First:

1. I totally meant to make a post before 2011 ended and a New Years post. I did manage to get a 'Happy New Years' on my twitter (3 days late, but hey, could be worse).

2. School-related news: didn't get that scholarship :(. However, as of Dec. 2011, I have (unofficially) completed my A.S. in Computer Science. I don't know of any emotes to express my feelings on this one properly, so you'll have to imagine a smiley face dancing across the page. Waving banners. With champagne. Something like that.

This semester, I'm completing my A.A. in Theatre and (since I did the paperwork last semester) will officially get my A.S. as well. For theatre, I'm taking Business of Acting, Voice, Stagecraft, and am the Stage Manager (SM, for future reference) of New Works. More on those later.

3. Work-wise: Still doing transcribing and crafting (thought not as much as I'd like to be - if you haven't checked out my links on the sidebar, please do so! and pass them on!) but I've also got an internship (unpaid, but awesome beyond belief anyway, as it's my first) at a talent agency. Starcraft. I'm also doing extra work (pardon, background work), but I only got to be on Private Practice as a college student once before school made me put that on hold. I'll go on about all those later, too.

Back to my first comment. In part, it's for my business class - we need to turn in a headshot, so I took one of my pink black-polka dotted shirts (bought for the express purpose of my acting career) did some makeup, and took several pictures - I think about 20, and I only liked one of them. Since I was going for the younger look, I kept the makeup to a minimum and my glasses on. Then, since it was snowing outside, I took the opportunity to dress in a black shirt (with very wide sleeves), added some makeup (for the older look) and went out and took a whole bunch of pictures, in different poses and facial expressions. Probably 50 total, but I only kept about 10. I did 2 sets - one while snowing and one not snowing. The backdrop was great - a mountain and meadow covered with snow, and the fir trees frosted with snow.

This time, I'm planning (operative word here) on using this as a way to focus on my acting work - title in progress (if you've got any ideas, let me know! Plus, comments'll motivate me). I'll also tell more about my non-acting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment