Monday, October 10, 2011

Little Prince Play and School

Our fourth show is done! Only six more to go!

This last one was especially exciting to me as my parents were there, and it's my mom who taught me the southern accent I use. (And it's an accent, a real accent, and it doesn't mean uneducated. Irritates me to no end that the director (who's an English teacher) has me say "ain't" instead of "have not" or "it's not.") My little part went well, although I'm starting to think that I really ought to take an improv class. I'm terribly weak at that; panic's the first thought that comes to mind whenever the Prince doesn't give me the correct cue lines.

The more I act, the funner it gets. Maybe sometime I'll be brave enough to take an improv course at school.

I kind of wanted to chatter about my classes, but there's not much to say: I like my "about theatre" class except for the kids (I think they're high school) who won't. be. quiet, I've got one computer science teacher who's way too fond of conspiracy theories ( I mean, they're fun and amusing, but... - and my Java class is - well, I'm better at theory than programming. And over the summer I'd forgotten how to speak Java... it's frustrating. And not my thing.

I like physics, understanding the "real world" (not computers), and I like to create. I think I'd go crazy without creating, whether or not I can make a living doing it. Wouldn't it be funny if I did make it as an actress, after having gotten my (very hard-earned) B.S. in physics?

No comments:

Post a Comment