Thursday, April 15, 2010

Red

Seeing has I haven't said much here lately, I thought I'd try this crazy idea that popped into my head a couple weeks ago. I'll pick a color - in this case, Red, and over the next week (until Wednesday) record everything I notice as red, and any stories or random factoids about the color that I collect.

Here's a start:

Red: checkered tablecloth, popcorn-maker machine, Lay's logo, pottery mug, poinsettia leaves, squirt bottle handle, paper flowers, glass rose.

The poinsettia, Euphorbia pulcherrima, actually hales from Mexico, and the colorful leaves were used as dye and to make medicine. There is a myth that the plant is poisonous, but unless you happen to be allergic to latex, there's no ill effects from keeping this plant in your house (and even though, just don't go around touching the leaves).

No comments:

Post a Comment