Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Bat!

The other day at school (last Monday), I was walking along the third-story balcony on my way to class when I saw a bat. Seeing bats isn't all that unusual, but it was only about 5:54, and the sun was up. Poor thing was so disorientated, what with being trapped in a circular balcony, and constantly wandering into the little niches that're all around there. It finally found its way to the top and flew off.

I tried to find out what species it might have been (and maybe a picture of that one), but I'm afraid Google's failed me. I did find that its scientific name is Chiroptera. This particular one was very small, with a body of about 2 inches long and a wingspan of maybe 4-6 inches. It might not have been a full-grown one, even.

"Bats in the belfry": A phrase meaning to behave in a bizarre way.

No comments:

Post a Comment