Saturday, April 17, 2010

Colors: Orange - a delayed post

...and I fail already. 'Cause this was supposed to go up yesterday. Oh well, maybe I'll put up two today!

I changed my mind about the random colors - I'm going to go with the colors of the rainbow (ROY G BIV). So this post's color is orange.

There being a lack of actual orange items in my current location, I instead typed orange into the searchbox and see what that came up with.


The fruit orange actually originated in Southeast Asia, the latin name for the sweet orange is Citrus Sinensis, and there apparently are four varieties.

The color orange is inbetween red and yellow on the spectrum, its opposite color is azure (a color between blue and green), and is in the visible spectrum with a wavelength of 585-620 nanometers.

It's the national color of the Netherland royalty, is used for road signs because of its contrast to the blue sky, and doesn't rhyme with anything in the English language. It's one of 5,411 words that doesn't (single-syllable words only - makes you wonder about the multi-syllabic ones).

No comments:

Post a Comment