Saturday, April 1, 2017

Ready, Set...

Camp Nanowrimo officially started!

My project's called 'For Want of a Narrator', and (as I think I've mentioned previously) since it's a project that I worked on last year in Camp Nanowrimo, I have a word goal of only 5000 words per day.  Which, in 30 days, is only 167 words per day (if I write everyday).  In theory, it'll be enough to finish the story.

Here's the synopsis:

An epic tale of good versus evil, an evil overlord, a brave hero, minions and fair ladies - interrupted by the abrupt disappearance of the narrator. What are the characters to do, except to pick up the story-telling themselves?

It's meant to be an absurd funny story, and, though I don't particularly do humor too well, I think it works.  If you've read 'Glimpses', you know I can do absurd, so I feel pretty confident for that part of it.  Admittedly, I've never had someone else read what I've written so far, but since I can make myself laugh with what I've got, there's a chance I can make a reader laugh (similar logic to me writing horror.  If I can't at least get a shiver when reading a piece of horror I've written, it's not going to scare anybody else.).  I'm even playing around with putting some romance in, though only as an aside, applying the "Write what you know" theory, and, well, I don't know romance.

(No, that's not necessarily a bad thing.)

The 'epic tale' is a bit on the cliche side, and it's meant to be.  The only 'twist' is that the main characters step out of the story narration and discuss what scenes they're going to do, whether they should re-do a scene, and whether a scene should be ignored, all while staying in their prescribed alignments of good or evil.  Because, hey, whether the evil overlord is in his castle or outside of the story narration, he's still an evil overlord.

I really like these characters, and I think there's a lot of potential with the story, but I suppose only time will

See you in a week!  (With, hopefully, a word count of at least 1,334)


Word Count:184

No comments:

Post a Comment