Monday, November 23, 2009

Stargazing

I went stargazing last night with a friend, something I haven't done in a long time. It's funny how you can study something for four years and then not appreciate it.

Anyway, despite some clouds, we still managed to find a bunch of constellations. Cassiopeia, Perseus, Cepheus, Pegasus, Andromeda, and Orion are my favorite winter ones. Perseus is one of my favorite Greek mythology heroes - cutting off Medusa's head, defeating the sea monster, and rescuing Andromeda. (Some stories also have him taking out Andromeda's uncooperative parents Cepheus and Cassiopeia as well, but I'm not sure about that.)

We also found Auriga, one that I wasn't familiar with. It's a chariot in both Greek and Chinese mythologies, though in Chinese it contains an extra star and is called the five chariots. The constellation is shaped somewhat like a house, and is right next to Perseus, going East.


Word Count since last post:
Dragon's Children: 1723
Nightmare: 200

No comments:

Post a Comment