Sunday, June 10, 2018

General Update - Again!

I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted a blog!

I did complete the 50K words for Nanowrimo, as a side note.  Also, the play I was in - The Crucible - went well.  It was the usual round of 'you-have-no-life' for a few months, and then outright plain crunch time during the actual shows.  It's a bit funny, but as much fun as I had being in the play (and I'd missed acting a lot), it was a bit of a relief when the play ended.  It seems ridiculous, but it's amazing how much it takes out of you to do acting.

In other news, I've moved!  I'm now living as far out of the city as possible (though still am stuck in the city, sadly), and am in a mountainous valley.  It's a much smaller city than I've ever lived in, which is nice.  I'm also driving a lot less, as I can easily walk to a bus that drops me off a couple hundred feet from my work entrance.  No more forty-five minute drive for a five-mile trip to the train station!

In more craft-related news, I've started working on more crocheting projects, in part due to the fact that I have a one-hour commute one way on the bus, and it's easy to crochet on the bus (as opposed to all of my other crafts).  I came across a pattern for a small clutch, eyeglasses case, hearts, and more (the clutch and glasses case will be in my etsy store soon.  3-d stuffed hearts to follow!).  Hearts are actually hard to find patterns for.  Or, more accurately, to find patterns that are simple to do and look like hearts.  I finally found one that's a basic single-crochet.  Although in the process of looking and trying out designs, I did end up re-learning how to make a granny square.

Re-learning how to stitch in the round turned out to be quite helpful, as I ran across a pattern (on Red Heart, which sells patterns as well as yarn) for a lace masquerade mask.  It's incredibly detailed work, and unless people are willing to drop fifty dollars or so for it, I don't think I'll end up selling it, but the pictures of the masks are beautiful and so far, with a quarter of the mask finished, it's lovely and intricate.  I'll post a picture when I finish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment